Having Lya in my life really brings changes in my life.. and i mean lots of them... that include my friendships... interests that i once shared with my old friends.. like window shopping.. hanging out at kedai mamak to have roti canai and teh tarik after office hours.... goin out to see movies.... jungle trekking, mountain climbing.. treasure huntings.. (hehe...) are no longer mesh in my new lifestyle.. well.. at least not for now...
i know.. i know.. i have been talking bout Lya all the time.. but i just couldnt help it.. i tried as much as i can to stay the same, but i couldnt... i just cant abandon all thoughts of Lya and i dont expect my friends to want to hear me talking bout motherhood all the time...
To some of my friends, sorry if i may have drifted apart from you guys... but at the same time, i'm totally glad that i have made a new orbit of friends.. Lya brought me closer to some people... especially when i need some helps with motherhood...cant believe, i almost cried talking to one of lactation consultant, when i poured my breastfeeding problem to her..
Anyhow... just to share... once when you become a parent... these are things that may change.....
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid. (True.... you'll become afraid of everything.. everytime when Lya's cryin or sick.. i'd become totally worried.. and afraid.. what did i do wrong...?)
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices. (Yup... totally true...i dont even bother to care if i dont get to catch the latest movie.. or dont to get to watch my favourite tv programme...)
4. You respect your body ... finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own. (100% true... i'd cry too if Lya's cryin if she's having fever or sick..)
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily. (Uhuh... especially when it comes to baby... anything that related to them touch me..in a different way now..)
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day. (That explains why i talk bout Lya all the time..)
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself. (totally truee....!!! i always bring Lya to the big mirror and instead of looking at my own face, i'll just smile if i see her smiling at her own reflection)
14. You become a morning person. (haha... yup.. my day will statrt as early as 5 a.m..!!)
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
16.You finally realize that true joy doesn't come from material wealth.
17. You'd rather spend so much on baby's clothes rather than those shoes that you've been dying to have.
18.You don't mind going to bed at . (in fact.. i go to bed as early as 9-10 p.m everyday...!)
19. You realize that the 15 pounds you can't seem to get rid of are totally worth having.( i know.. i know.. i looked fat after i gave birth to Lya.. but i wont try to go for diet.. since i still breastfeed her.. takpe lah gemuk cikit ni... nnt2 je lah haku diet ye..)
20. You discover an inner strength you never thought you had.
21. You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule. ( And that explains why if Lya did not wake up early, everybody in our house is late..!)
22. You give parents with a screaming child an 'I-know-the-feeling' look instead of a 'Can't-they-shut-him-up?' one. (300% agree....!!!)
23. Your cat — who used to be your 'baby' — becomes just a cat. (That's why Demok has become kucing jalanan nowadays with luka sana sini... )
24. You take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means you'll be late. (I do this all the time..!!)
25. You realize that you can love a complete stranger.
26. When you think you cant fall in love again.... you actually did.... in a totally different way...